I am finished reading Max and Mira The Penderwicks. It was a joy to read. If you have a 7-12 year old I would hussle to the library today and get this book. Last night when Charles was tucking Max in Charles said, "Are you glad you got to the end of The Penderwicks?" and Max said, "No. Because now we can't read it anymore." I feel the same way. I had a hard day today...nothing to write home about...just one of those days when I feel that the Hercules theme song "I would go most anywhere..." could double as my theme song. Tonight we went to bed without reading the Penderwicks. Instead I watched the Office online, which was fun, but I could have used The Penderwick sister's good hearts and wildness to tickle my soul after a long day.
Friday, November 14, 2008
The Penderwicks
I am finished reading Max and Mira The Penderwicks. It was a joy to read. If you have a 7-12 year old I would hussle to the library today and get this book. Last night when Charles was tucking Max in Charles said, "Are you glad you got to the end of The Penderwicks?" and Max said, "No. Because now we can't read it anymore." I feel the same way. I had a hard day today...nothing to write home about...just one of those days when I feel that the Hercules theme song "I would go most anywhere..." could double as my theme song. Tonight we went to bed without reading the Penderwicks. Instead I watched the Office online, which was fun, but I could have used The Penderwick sister's good hearts and wildness to tickle my soul after a long day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds good. I put it on my to-read list.
I don't have kids that age, but I want to read it. I will check it out. Thanks for the tip. Sounds beautiful. Missed you today at the meet. Hopefully we'll see you in the water again soon. Hope tomorrow is a brighter day. :)
Thank you Erica! We are going to check this out at the library after we finish Doll People. Keep the reading suggestions coming. Also, I am making your oatmeal chocolate chip recipe even as I write. Keep those coming too.
Oh Kath! I miss you terribly.
Post a Comment