About Me

Friday, October 3, 2008

Date Night

Didn't I say in an earlier post that I wanted to be more cultured? Tonight Charles and I spent a night of high culture going to the Gateway Mall for some California Pizza Kitchen. We ordered the waldorf salad and garlic pizza. Yummy. I rambled on about my life, our kids, my school and my friends. We wandered the Mall and hit our favorite stores like Anthropologie, The Apple Store, and Barnes and Noble. Charles gave money to a beggar with a sign that said, "Being Chased By Aliens, Please Help." Charles said that a man who is being chased by aliens deserves his pocket change. 

Our conversations were quick-witted the whole night. Charles said that if we wrote down our conversations we would have a ready-made story. I said, no way. We are too glib, it wouldn't work on paper. 

Charles thought the woman at anthropologie was kind for giving us a parking validation when he didn't even ask for one (he bought me a new journal) and then we looked at some boots and I told Charles how it bugs me that you can spend 150 dollars on a pair of beautiful leather boots and the boots still don't have sufficient traction. 

We caught a movie on the way home called Ghost Town which is about a man who is tremendously selfish and in the end learns that the meaning of life is found by serving others. The man reminded me of myself, before he learned to serve others. 

I snuck a caramel apple into the movie theater and was in delicious heaven for the entire movie. Charles couldn't have any because he is off sweets. 

3 comments:

dede said...

Sounds like a wonderful night.

I've never had the garlic pizza at CPK, I will have to try it. Their humus appetizer is seriously heaven.

Charles, I feel your off sweets pain. This time I am allowing myself sweets once a week and it is working perfectly. A caramel apple sounds good.

Shannon said...

What an awesome date night! I have heard of Ghost Town. I will have to check it out. Was this caramel apple, perchance, from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory? Because those are amazing. Yummy. I'm trying to remember when I last went on a real date with my hubby. Oh ya, about a month ago. Time for another one! Anyway, tell Charles good luck with no sweets! You'll never catch me doing that.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun!

The CPK is soooo good. I went there one with my dad on one of our daddy daughter dates.

I haven't had a carmeled apple for a while.....