About Me

Monday, October 6, 2008

Dumb Giraffe Bags

This Utah trend has turned into crazed madness. The giraffe Bag. I see one everywhere I go; Costco, Cafe Rio, Harmon's, Target... I'm not sure why, but every time I see this bag I get really ticked off. I want to growl. Those who own one of these zoo treasures should hurry up and chuck it before the depression comes and no one can afford to buy a new purse and I end up staring at these stupid bags for the rest of my life.

7 comments:

emi. said...

i am laughing out loud.

kathy w. said...

I am so oblivious; I haven't even noticed. Now that you've mentioned it, I'm sure I'll see seven of them tomorrow.

Louise Plummer said...

They'll be selling them on ebay in 2050 as depression era giraffe bags. You'll wish you had one.

kathy w. said...

I saw three——almost seven.

Shannon said...

I don't think that they are actually made of giraffe skin . . . still hideous? yes. I also think this may be a South Jordan trend? I haven't seen (or at least noticed) any around here. Hopefully the day won't come when none of us can afford to buy new bags.

Entirely Eventful Day said...

Erica, you kill me! You are right. I used to sell these, people couldn't buy them fast enough. But then I went to the Utah Valley Women's Expo and at least 30% of the women there were carrying them. How is that even possible? I haven't carried them since.

Somer said...

I hate those bags. My shoulders tense up when I have to walk by one.