Last night I was at Costco and came across the collector's edition Dolly. Inside were three of Dolly's cd's which includes her all time best songs; Jolene, 9 to 5 and I Will Always Love You. When I was little I saw Dolly on T.V. and liked her because she always seemed so happy. But I soon figured out that the name Dolly is synonymous with big boobs. I mean what hand motions would you use to charade Dolly? I wrote Dolly off as a crazy celebrity with nothing to offer. A few years ago Kath gave me a Christmas mix which included a Dolly song, and the ache in Dolly's voice and lyrics surprised me. Fast forward a couple years to an art journaling night with Chantel: we listened to a dolly album a couple times that night. I fell in love. Dolly's smile and laugh doesn't match the bitter desire in her music. I was in music heaven today on my way back and forth from school. Check Dolly out and be ready to fall head over heels.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Darling Dolly
Last night I was at Costco and came across the collector's edition Dolly. Inside were three of Dolly's cd's which includes her all time best songs; Jolene, 9 to 5 and I Will Always Love You. When I was little I saw Dolly on T.V. and liked her because she always seemed so happy. But I soon figured out that the name Dolly is synonymous with big boobs. I mean what hand motions would you use to charade Dolly? I wrote Dolly off as a crazy celebrity with nothing to offer. A few years ago Kath gave me a Christmas mix which included a Dolly song, and the ache in Dolly's voice and lyrics surprised me. Fast forward a couple years to an art journaling night with Chantel: we listened to a dolly album a couple times that night. I fell in love. Dolly's smile and laugh doesn't match the bitter desire in her music. I was in music heaven today on my way back and forth from school. Check Dolly out and be ready to fall head over heels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i love dolly to she is great other then the giant boobs!! hahaha you are great erica!! i love you!
Butch dike? That makes me like her even more.
Erica, I just made miss magpie's brownies and they are delicious. I'm on my third one now. Now could you give me Charles recipe? I need to compare. :)
Love it. I feel the exact same way about Dolly. I need to invest in more of her music. She is seriously a crack up. I love that I get to see more of you than just your awesome swimmingness on your blog! So fun!
i love dolly! i LOVE HER!!!! she looks like a happy jack-o-lantern, and her voice is sweet. let's talk about this more in the office.
also i live next to something called "the dolly parton monument"
also jolene is one of my favorite songs.
Post a Comment