Okay, soooooo, there are 6 people in our family and we are all in school. We head off in 5 different directions spanning 60 miles. No problem here; we love the crazies. Pencils are a rare commodity. Computer time is a precious resource. The house is filled with paper, backpacks, instruments, pad locks, jackets, water bottles and text books dumped in piles by the front door, on the couches, on the stairs and across the table. Max and Mira hop off to school with their too-big back packs and too-big shoes. Harrison literally gets ready for school in two mintues--He's fun to watch, sort of like Japanimation. Anne is in High School. She got asked to homecoming by a senior boy and thank goodness for the For Strenghth of Youth Handbook which gave me backup to say no. Dear Charles is already the teachers pet in English class. His professor asked on the second day of class if she could write him a letter of recommendation for graduate school. Charles is a true-blue academic. My own school thrills me. I love the organic juices in the student eateries, I love that in October half of the students are holding hands. I love the blue sky against the mountains. My students are awesome this semester. They are so full of life. And I strangely feel that I can write, that I have talent and limitless potential.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
School Days (We're in the thick of them) Are Sublime
Okay, soooooo, there are 6 people in our family and we are all in school. We head off in 5 different directions spanning 60 miles. No problem here; we love the crazies. Pencils are a rare commodity. Computer time is a precious resource. The house is filled with paper, backpacks, instruments, pad locks, jackets, water bottles and text books dumped in piles by the front door, on the couches, on the stairs and across the table. Max and Mira hop off to school with their too-big back packs and too-big shoes. Harrison literally gets ready for school in two mintues--He's fun to watch, sort of like Japanimation. Anne is in High School. She got asked to homecoming by a senior boy and thank goodness for the For Strenghth of Youth Handbook which gave me backup to say no. Dear Charles is already the teachers pet in English class. His professor asked on the second day of class if she could write him a letter of recommendation for graduate school. Charles is a true-blue academic. My own school thrills me. I love the organic juices in the student eateries, I love that in October half of the students are holding hands. I love the blue sky against the mountains. My students are awesome this semester. They are so full of life. And I strangely feel that I can write, that I have talent and limitless potential.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am also sure that you can write, that you have talent, as well as limitless potential. And I'm so glad we're taking the same class together! I'm gonna go write those ten sentences...
Erica there is no doubt in my mind that you can't write!! School's came to fast!!! I have homework already, and it's no FUN!!! It's not hard, BUT IT's NO FUN!!!
Go girl!
This was one of the most uplifting things I think I've ever written. I had myself convinced it meant that I could write too! That my students were wonderful! That my children loved their schools!!! I know all the problems with this line of reasoning on my part. Just saying. Also, loved your "He was the kind of man" list.
Post a Comment