About Me

Thursday, August 12, 2010

So Not Letting Another Warm Day Slip By


I let Summer slip through my fingers. My favorites, such as reading on the porch swing with M & M, grilling, and long days at the pool, didn't happen. M & M literally spent hours in front of the television while I went to Youth Conference, Girls Camp and hosted lots of people. They say they are ready for school to start. They say summer was boring this year.

Baskin Robbins doesn't have chocolate-peanut butter ice-cream anymore which is a bitter shame.

I did spend a lot of time with teenagers and maybe that is okay since I only get them for a little bit longer before they head off to build homes of their own. I was with the teens in the mountains or on a river and each time I felt healed both by the beautiful world and the optimism that only teens hold.

I've been in my classroom a lot. I finally figured out how to get on the internet and print at the school. That was a good day.

I start the year by teaching Carpe Diem.

Limited Time + Unlimited Pleasure = Carpe Diem.

Seize the Day!


(I'll be eating a bowl of Lucky Charms because they are magically delicious.)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What?!? When did Baskin Robbins get rid of chocolate peanut butter? Without it I feel no need to ever go there again.

I feel like summer went by quickly for me too, but then I realized we still technically have another month since preschool doesn't start until after labor day. Hope you have a great year of teaching!

Jocelyn said...

You've inspired me. I shall be eating sugar cereal because, really, why not??!!

One of the most meaningful lessons my favorite teacher taught in AP English was of the same theme. I still think about it frequently.