About Me

Monday, June 7, 2010

ramblings

Today Max had crt's which means they needed to test him and see how smart he is and how smart the school is. I wish I could just tell them--he's smart. Like really smart. Like I would put him next to any Ph.D. in a mythology contest. He is that smart. He could recite the mythological genealogy. He'd tell a ton of stories and make a graph so one could learn it better. He is a wizz at math, I never really quizzed him on times tables and yet, he has them memorized. He knows the parts of speech. He reads the scriptures they will teach in church before church so that he will know all of the answers to the questions.

Problem is...he hates school, homework, turning things in, writing the letters properly.

Do you like how I am using all the likes? Did you know I actually used the line "like this is my dream job," when calling about an English position.

Still unemployed. Hmmmmm...

Today I took Louie and Elliot to Target. We looked at all the toys for a long time. Then we went to the splash pool, but a cold wind started to blow so we went home.

Louie put his grapes, hotdog bits, chips and cheese into his 7-Up. Then he picked them all out and ate them. Then he drank the 7-Up. Mira watched this in horror which cracked Louie up.

Goodnight all.



4 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

Time to sign Max up for college.

Jocelyn said...

I overuse like, too. Like, a lot.

Hot dogs and 7-up give me the willies, too.

sammyp said...

Thank you for the Louie and Elliot updates. We're reading and enjoying them! We know just what you're talking about. :)

Pam said...

Anyone who knows Max can tell he is a genius. When you were in Europe I read to him from Goose Girl. After a few days I asked Max what was going on in the story. His comprehension was perfect. He also read the instructions to Life and played a six player game.