About Me

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day

Today Louie and Elliot had to conform to our schedules a bit. I had not one, but two job interviews. Instead of our usual morning rituals, they each sat on my bed with a bowl of Quacker Oatmeal Squares and watched Baby Einstein while I primped. And like every other time I am going somewhere important I smudged my mascara immediately after application. Booo.

Luckily Louie pooped before I left because I'm certain that Harrison would have had difficulty handling that one. During the first interview Harrison took them outside to play. Louie likes to ride on the tricycle that Harrison got when he was 2. He puts his binky, blankey, and sippy-cup in the basket and frequently stops to rearrange them all. Elliot rides a scooter on the sidewalk and yells at the other kids to "stay out of the street! See that car. It will make you flat!" I took him into the middle of the street the other day to ride his scooter. I rode my bike right next to him.
"Are you sure a car is not coming, Erica?"
"Yup."

I came home from interview number 1 and had 45 minutes to feed them lunch and get them to sleep. Job accomplished. When I got home from interview number 2, Louie was still asleep and Harrison and Elliot were watching cartoons. Phew!

At our house, we have second dinner. This basically means that when the kids get home from school they have a sandwich and then three hours later we have dinner. But we call it first and second dinner. Elliot likes this.
"Are we going to have second dinner, Erica?"
"Yup." Yup, Yup you spoiled rotten second dinner getter.

Today I took Louie to Harmon's with me to refill the kid food. I loved it when my kids were small enough to sit in the cart. I loved looking into their sweet faces, and laying kisses on them, and discussing every purchase.
"Do you think we should get this?"
"Yeah." Louie would say and get really excited even if it was say, plain yogurt.
And to top off the nostalgia, Louie looks just like Max at 2. I didn't realize this until he came to stay, and then I felt so funny, like little Max was with me again.

Elliot always asks me why I'm laughing. I then explain what it is that I found funny; like a part in a book, or the way he said something. Once explained, he laughs too.

Anywho, the little dears are asleep now. I put Elliot to sleep. Charles put Louie to sleep. Everyday with them has been filled with surprise and wonder. I will be very sorry to see them go.

Oh and I think I got the jobs. Both of them.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Honestly, I need some of your love and appreciation for these little moments I'm living every single day. They really are magical, aren't they?

And super rad news about the jobs. I just know it will happen. Okay, I don't really "know," but I sure hope!!!

Tom Plummer said...

Erica, when I get home, can I ride in your grocery cart?

Louise Plummer said...

Were they schools you liked? Write us an email and tell all.