Anne is pictured on the home page of a government/journalistic website alongside an article written in German by hers truly.
Anne is also appearing on the cover of a newspaper.
Yesterday she was on the radio.
When they interviewed her for the newspaper she was on fire. She spoke German so well that the group kept stopping the interview in order to give her praise. Josa (her host-mommy) was there too. She cried she was so proud. I know the feeling.
Why all this attention? Because she is a fabulous teenager, living in a foreign land, and learning German.
Anne says she loves speaking German. It is so fun, she says. It is like speaking a puzzle or a riddle. One word will change the entire construction of the sentence and it is so fun to figure it out.
Other Anne news:
She was barfed on recently by her favorite german friend. They were at disco. The friend was drunk.
A scandal broke out among one of the American Exchangers that has turned into a German and American criminal investigation. How does this affect A-girl? She, along with everyone else in her group, is being questioned. Anne doesn't know anything, except that her American friend (who was already deported) is in some serious trouble. I know I am being vague here. I'm hoping Anne will write up this story sometime.
Josa had to call a crazy boy for Anne. This boy called too much, and got mad when Anne didn't answer, and when Anne ran into him in town, he followed her, and got mad, and yelled. Josa told crazy boy that if he says ONE MORE WORD to Anne she will call the police. Go Josa!
And the best news of all. I get to see her, like really soon.
4 comments:
Wow. Sounds like the exchange student program is working out great for Anne. I'm so happy for her. I appreciate the reality stories too. Crazy stuff. My husband went on his mission to Hamburg, Germany and came home and minored in German. I love hearing him speak it with his dad. So cool that Anne is getting so good at it!
http://www.indieshuffle.com/florence-the-machine-swimming/
this song reminds me of you. maybe you'll like it.
Will you give her the biggest hug for me! :)
I am so glad Anne came into your life!!
Post a Comment