
I decided not to teach English 150 next semester. My thinking is that I have to write a thesis and teaching is the biggest time sucker on the planet and not really connected to my overall plans. So no teaching. If I were teaching this Winter I would spend this day putting my syllabus together, making endless copies, re-shaping my rhetorical analysis unit once again (because everything I try stinks) and checking my computer for endless emails from Mr. Benson.
Instead, today I have already read a short story and thought about how my thesis is beginning to revolve around the natural world, which I will need to discuss somehow...I have read several chapters to Max and Mira, I'm about to make banana bread to send with Harrison to Winter camp, and then Charles wants to drive to Salt Lake with me, and I am hoping to clean the van.
Good thinking, Miss Magpie.
3 comments:
Good for you. I'm reading your blog instead of finishing up my own 150 syllabus tonight. Perhaps I should have done the same thing.
I've been thinking about your decision with envy in some key ways. You'll write so many fantastic things this semester. Seeing you yesterday made me very happy. I even wrote in my journal: "I love Erica. I'm so glad I have a class with her again."
Erica let's not beat around the bush here, your van is a disaster. That said I feel bad saying it because you were so sweet to let us stay at your place. At least take the old banana peels out. ♥
Post a Comment