I had to ask someone how to clean my oven with a self-cleaner. She said, "Take out the racks, turn the lever, and push the button."Seriously? That is all? So I did it. Now my oven is clean for the first time in eight years. Thank the Lord. We also got a new Bosch dishwasher (We've been hand-washing for over a month), and ladies and gentlemen, if it is possible to fall in love with an appliance, I have. Marry me, dear dishwasher and let's make dishwasher babies. Bosch is a german company which is probably why they are so good.
I have informed Charles of my next splurgy appliance purchase. You should have seen his face when I said it was an Italian company. Dear Smeg, I will have refrigerator babies with you too. I am an appliance whore. Wait, slut. Whatever.
Charles took the boys to the priesthood session. Louise, Mira, and I went to Kneaders where we ate salad, soup, and sandwiches. And oh my gosh, Mira is going to kill me. She tells all of our family secrets to everyone. Basically anything I choose to discuss with discretion she just blurts out. She has taken candid to a whole new level. Check out this post. Kills me. And is really funny too.
Conference was good. I especially love how diverse our general authorities are becoming. I love talks where the focus is on Christ. Jeffery Holland's talk about mental illness was wonderful, Uchdorf's talk was wonderful (Did you notice he admitted that church leaders have made painful mistakes. That is pretty huge.)
Today I'm relishing in the fact that I don't have to get up and go to church; I get to stay in my jammies and listen. We'll make pancakes and eat enchiladas too.
Then I have to face the fact that I have a lot to do for school. I have to fill out this document by tomorrow or I will be cut off the face of the teacher planet. I'll grade a foot high stack of papers. School is hard this year. Each class is 40+ and I have a lot of rough students. I cried and told Charles I was miserable and he should pray for me. Maybe you should too.
2 comments:
I'm going to hire a hit man for those students.
UGH.... I think we need some sushi! Just sayin, oh and I would make love to that fridge too! :)
Post a Comment