About Me

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Red Iguana and Killer Friends


Greg and Chantel were in town from Berlin. We had to share them with all of the neighbors who wanted to be with them until the one day we got them to ourselves. We went for Mexican food which is hard to find in Germany. Chantel ordered a hortchata, so Greg did, then I did. I think I drank 2 1/2 gallons. So good. It's a little like drinking a cold rice pudding, and good with hot Mexican food.

I ordered the wrong dish. Strawberry Mole. What the hell was I thinking? It wasn't bad, but not Red Iguana good either.

On the weekend I made Charles take me back. While we waited to be seated I looked inside the restaurant and my eyes fell on this man, who looked familiar, so I looked some more, he looked back at me, then pointed at me, and I pointed back because it was Jimmy Slemboski--one of my favorite people in the whole entire world.

Happiness! We talked about Anne and Spencer, and then Joanna Brooks because Jimmy loves to talk about liberal mormons. Jimmy was with his son Dryden and I remember when he was born and I always loved him and I really wanted to tell him that I once loved him so I still love him, but I thought that would creep him out because he is only fifteen.

I ordered Hortchata, of course (and yes, we have been singing Vampire Weekend's "Hortchata" all week), and I ordered the Tapatio combo plate, but next time I'm going to get 2 Beef Flautas since that was the most delicious part of the combo-plate.

Good friends.

Good food.

Good life.

2 comments:

dede said...

I love red iguana. Soooooo jealous. Sounds lovely.

Louise Plummer said...

I have been unplugged and come back to find you've been blogging! What a great look and and wonderful writing. Wahoo.

Thank you for Tom's birthday blog. I realized after the event that I didn't have a single photograph. It was so fun! He felt completely loved.