"Did you see that couple with the take-out box full of oranges? Those are for the drinks, not for snacking," Charles said.
"Wow. They are over there just downing them. That is so tacky. Plus, the kids in this restuarant are gross. Did you see the mess from the family by the register?" I said.
I squeezed a lemon quarter into ice water and wondered what we were like when we took small children out to eat.
The medium-priced Chinese restaurant was feeling so Chuck-E-Cheese.
We ate lettuce wraps and sesame chicken. Maxwell, who came along this time, had crab wontons.
I read my fortune.
Your lucky number this week is 3.
"They call that a fortune? Give me a break. What was yours?"
"A long lost relative will resurface to your benefit. Hmmm. Can't see how that would be a good thing."
"I can't believe I'm thirty-six and just now know what a whole water-chestnut looks like," I said.
"Well I'm thirty-eight and just barely found out. I had never seen one before," Charles said.
"What is a water chestnut?" Max said.
"They were in the stir-fry we made this week," I said.
"Can't remember," Max said.
Hmmm.
"I better not take my jacket off," Charles said.
"Why not?"
"I'm wearing my Beatles T-Shirt and that lady always tells me she likes the Beatles when she sees it. This is the third time I've had on this T-shirt in here."
"Oh. Weird."
"Yeah."
1 comment:
:) I'm so happy you blog and provide such a great read for these late night nursing sessions. Wish I were there to join you at your table to talk about the family next to you making a huge mess. Reminds me of a nice Saturday morning down at the beach. We started making fun of all the ridiculous exercise moves people had going on, and laughed when we both remembered we were sitting on our butts, eating one dozen donuts while making fun of the fitness right in front of us. Should have offered them a donut. Class act.
Post a Comment