Beach bus or church bus? This is the decision Harrison will make today while on his choir tour. How many teenagers will actually take the church bus? Which one would you take?
The Hunger Games. I'm thinking about how we are so repulsed by the fictional society that forces kids to kill and yet Call of Duty, Kony, Mixed Martial Arts and Gangs exist today--we are not immune to plotted, absurd killing. In fact, we've already got the disease. I had a long conversation with Max about hope and love after The Hunger Games. One character said, "Too much hope is Dangerous" because he knew the games depend on fear. I told Max how Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Hunger Games, and Harry Potter all have story lines where love and hope beat out the worst every time. Am I simple to believe this is also true in our world, but that it takes kindness, love and the courage to confront the things that are wrong?
The killing of Trayvon Martin is especially haunting. My own boy is the same age as Trayvon, and I never had to tell him not to reach in his pocket. But this loving confrontation is especially inspiring.
2 comments:
beauifal. and that is all she could say.
First off, there should only be a beach bus... AND, I'm with you on everything else.
Post a Comment