About Me

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hey Ho!

I am blogging tonight which could only mean one thing--that I am seeing the light-at-the-end-of-the-school-year tunnel. Odyssey projects this week. Finals next week. Movie last 3 days. And Wa-la! School is over.

What a ride.

The worst thing about me having a job is that my house is considerably less clean (i.e. health department violation).

The other worst thing about me having a job is that I don't have time to get lost in my favorite creative projects. I miss spending time fiddling with words and working on art journals. And while teaching is such a creative endeavor, which I am so grateful for, I miss the lose-yourself-in-it art that I enjoy.

The other worst thing about me having a job is that I am completely disconnected from the ward ladies, and they are really wonderful people.

The last worst thing about me having a job is that I frequently forget to do tasks for home, such as sign up kid for drivers ed, order graduation gown, remember to send son to scouts...

And the best thing about me having a job is...the kids, the kids, the kids! I love those dang pieces of turd. Hey pencil throwing, tardy, zit-covered, airplane making, lying, cheating kids; I love you!

The other best thing about me having a job is, (drum roll please) Summer with pay!