About Me

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My New Friend

I am up in the middle of the night again. Insomnia. We’re becoming good friends.

I think about ridiculous things in the middle of the night. Like tonight I’m thinking about the embellishments and photos that I need in order to pull together Anne’s scrapbook, which I am supposed to send with her to Germany to show her host family. I am thinking about how Mira could use 2 different colors of ballet flats for her fall wardrobe. I am thinking about how I need to clean the tops of my cupboards.

Of course, these are not the issues that are really keeping me up at night, just the things I am setting my mind on so that I don’t have to think about what is weighing on my mind.

I am up because I don’t know if I should wait for a district teaching job, or go get just any job, because I don’t know if Charles’s current steady stream of income will be steady in say October or February. Freelance equals worry. Sigh.

I am up because of Fall’s schooling options. Should I go part-time, full-time, not at all? (thank you, thank you to Chantel and Emily D. for understanding me on this one.)

I am up because I am sending my Anne to Germany for a whole year and there are a million things to do to get her ready…not to mention the fact that I will miss her terribly and worry about her every day.

I am up because I am a writer and can’t bring myself to write.

3 comments:

Lara said...

over on facebook, a few other of my insomniac friends and I are thinking we should all do a 3am Walmart run. you should join us.

also, if you do attend BYU full or part time this semester, let me know. you can always use my house to crash at if you need to.

emi. said...

love you girl! i know you are going to miss anne, but she is going to have the TIME of her LIFE! woot woot! p.s. let's go hiking or something.

scrilla said...

I hear that insomnia is the disease of motherhood, give me a call sometime in the middle of the night I'm probably up too. ;) We could discuss all of those things you think about that seem like really great ideas at the time, but when the morning rolls around your too exhausted to do them. HA! Hopefully it's more of that stuff and less of the worry stuff, hang in there!