This is my sister Pam's cool pool and we all converged at her house for the fourth of July. (Yes, democrats can also love the red, white and blue.) This was the night that Pam told me that my dear, dear niece Lindsay is engaged. I immediately began to cry and I am still not exactly sure why (every time I think about this engagement whether I'm in the car, shopping at Target or writing this blog I start to well up with tears again). Is it that the circle of life moves to quickly? Is it the strange way that joy trumps everything? Is it that I just can't contain my love for Lindsay? Later that night we converged to sing pop songs around the piano and I was holding my newest niece Maggie, who I adore with a capital A, and Lindsay and her hunk of a fiance were in the room and Pam and Mom and Julia were singing "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore (don't gag my alternative friends) and once again I was set to tears. It was Maggie, Lindsay, Julia, Pam and Mom and so much love that it can't all keep.
5 comments:
This is a really sweet post. Thank you. Oh and by the way your body is rockin!!
I think goggles mean you're into serious swimming. Same for a cap. Serious swimmers use goggles and caps. Yes, your bod IS rockin. Enjoy it.
Hi, It is nice to know that you and I share many of the same feelings. Could it be something to do with genetics. I am sure I have shed more tears than you. My circle of life is spinning really fast lately. Love you!
Erica, you are hilarious! I love to read your posts. you write so well. Hope to see you at this same pool in Aug. Please bring the goggles so we can share that love!
Emily, I love seeing you on my blog...Can't wait to see you in real life!
Post a Comment