Tuesday---Freaked out on entire family because of silly string sprayed all over the ceiling of Harrison's room (teenage girls happen). Let's just say that after hours of scrubbing, we will still have to repaint. Later that day found a patio set (couch, 2 chairs and coffee table) at Target for 99 dollars down from 399 dollars. Left message on Charles's cell saying something like this, "When you get home don't be mad about the patio set...I didn't pay full price for it, it was only 99 dollars..."
Wednesday---Went to the community pool and talked with my friend Nicole, she said that when she goes to the pool she stays for five hours. I can typically only handle two hours at the pool. Nicole says it is because she is from California. I now aspire to be like a Californian and spend five hours at a pool. Later that night after a hard day of being at the pool and eating a double scoop ice cream cone from Baskin Robins (peanut butter and chocolate); I just couldn't handle motherhood for another second so I said to Charles, "Calgone, take me away!" We went on a mini date; first to Cafe Trang were I got my favorite saigon noodle salad and then to Barnes and Noble were I picked up three books by Annie Dillard.
Thursday---Once again turned a blind eye to the accumulating mess in my house and went to lunch with Mom and Pam. Pam turned 40! Over lunch we discussed our addiction to blogs. We shopped at T.J. Maxx (bought a rocking awesome orange purse thanks to Pam's eye) and at Old Navy I picked up a white sweater for me and lots of sweet little clothes for Mira.
Friday---That's today. Got up to swim, went to pool, didn't swim. Long story. Makes me sad. Anne headed off to youth conference. I am determined to spend 5 hours in pool. Hope Chantel will come.
5 comments:
What day can we get together while were in Utah? Thomas and I get there Jul 26 and we will be there til Aug 7th. It's my dad's 80th bday and we are moving them out of the house that they have lived in for 40 years! I can't believe it. It will be great to see you. I love Anne's blog.
Oh..I'm so sad they are moving out. How about Monday the 28th or sometime after August the 1st? I'm so sorry your parents are moving out of that house! I have always loved it. I also can't believe your Dad is 80, wasn't he just barely 70? Can't wait to see you.
I am definitely not from California. My max is 3 hours at the pool and then I am done. Good luck today getting your 4 hours. Use sunscreen ;)
Porta potties were not built with women in mind. I think of this every race I run and am forced to use those nasty things.
Why five hours at the pool? I don't get it. Am I so old?
Sorry Erica....I didn't want you to have to repaint....:'(
Always Smile!!
JoJo
Post a Comment