I convinced my in-laws to move to my neighborhood. They said goodbye to New York City and moved close to us--Yes, I've heard the jokes "Magna, Kearns, the west side, blah, blah, blah" Since when did people from PROVO become such elitists? T & L live less than a mile away and we love having them around. First off, they have offered my big kids five dollars an hour to come and help them move stuff around and clean. My kids actually get paid for the time they spend going to the gas station for donuts and drinks (which Tom and Louise buy of course). Who cares about work ethic? I love the time that my kids get to spend with grandma and grandpa. It's great. I love having T & L around for a sounding board. Like yesterday I was upset because a woman at church thinks I'm a "radical, flakey, loud, liberal etc. etc," T & L will tell me the nicest things like, "She is just scared to death of you." "How could anyone not like you?"
I feel like I'm going back in time at their house; Louise polishes silver, irons her linens, buys fresh flowers, makes food from a whole animal that you pull apart and has dinner parties where people actually eat at the table.
Tom and I are both deaf. We have to ask each other to repeat every other line but it is always worth finding out what he has to say. Max draws these intricate maps and board games and Tom will sit and ask Max about everything he has created. Tom also shows a lot of care and concern for Charles.
We are all so happy to have them around.
2 comments:
Well, Miss Magpie, we couldn't be happier to be around you. You walked into our house today, beaming and wearing your zebra dress, and WHAMMO. Our whole day is better.
We pay your kids ten dollars an hour. We may have to raise Max and Mira's payment. I had no idea what a task that was going to be!
Post a Comment