Charles and I danced and danced at the youth stake dance. Call me, maybe. Annie, is you okay? Kick off your Sunday shoes--
Harrison showed up with his date, saw me dancing and said to Charles, "Why did you marry her?" (I can be sort of dorky.)
Charles said, "That IS why I married her."
Some of the teenagers didn't think I was an adult and I got a nasty glare from one girl, and I thought about how blissful it is to not give a crap about what people think. Glare away, girl. This mama is having the time of her life.
Charles and I walked home with a bowl full of nachos and too much cheese, just the way we like it.
I said it was chilly.
At home everyone was converging the way it only happens when Anne is in the house.
We had Ana Fernanda and her sister, Anne, Mira, Harrison, his date Darcy, and Charles and myself all packed into Mira's little room--we laughed over Ana's teddy bear and the incident of her stuffed green frog.
Today is mothers day--and I love being a mom, even though a lot of the time I suck at it. These kids just make me so happy.
Today Anne leaves for Mexico for two months.
3 comments:
I'm glad you and Charles like to dance together. It's so biophilic. (Had to use that word this morning).
You made my Mother's Day.
You are a fantastic dork and I LOVE everything about you. That was a compliment btw, and I LOVED Harrison's talk yesterday. You are blessed. If I can be half the mom you are, I will consider myself lucky. HUGS! BTW, when are we going to the cabin?!?! I need to get out of here!
I'm glad you shook it like a Polaroid picture. I would have joined you if I were there. Imagine the looks we'd get...But we don't give a crap, right?
Post a Comment